Agenda | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
May 25, 2023
Phillip Ramirez City of Brawley
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
Manuel Ortiz Imperial Irrigation District
David Aguirre ICTC
Virginia Mendoza ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Ana Gutierrez City of Brawley
Andrea Montano City of El Centro
Andres Miramontes City of El Centro
Marco Coronel City of Imperial
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Robin Owen Caltrans
Byran Ott Caltrans
Rafael Reyes Caltrans
Alejandro Lopez Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
Manuel Ortiz Imperial Irrigation District
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:02 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for April 27, 2023 (Atondo/Anguis) Motion Carried.
3. Project Implementation Process-Federal & State Funds
(Presented by: ICTC Staff)
- ICTC provided a flowchart that illustrates the process of implementation of federal and state-funded projects. The flowchart was designed as a tool for local agencies and counties to highlight key processing and decision points from start to finish.
For any questions, please contact Virginia Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marlene Flores at email@example.com
4. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
- As a part of the IVT Free Fares Program, ICTC will continue to provide free fares to the public until further notice.
- Bus Stop Improvement Project, which will include the installation of bus shelters and other amenities throughout various cities is anticipated to be completed in FY 2023-24
- Staff will be working on an EV charger installation project that will include multiple cities throughout the county. This is projected to be completed in FY 2023-24
- The Calexico microtransit program, Calexico on Demand service had a celebration event in May. Currently, the average number of passengers per day is 170, with 231 being the highest. The program recently received $500k that will be used to expand the use of another vehicle.
- The next IMBA meeting is scheduled to be held in Imperial County on June 8, 2023. More details to come.
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· CRRSAA Funds:
- CRRSAA non-STIP SOF has been approved by the CTC and is available for distribution.
- If you have not already requested these funds from the District, the forms can be found in the link below (Attachment B- Allocation form, CRRSAA Finance Letter & ePPR): https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/crrsaa/crrsaa-process
- The request does not need to go to a CTC meeting for approval and thus can be done at any time. These funds need to be allocated by June 30, 2024.
· Long Range Transportation Plan:
- Website: https://ictc-lrtp2023.org/
· 2023 Local Transportation Climate Adaption Program Guidelines:
- This is a new program that provides competitive grants to local agencies for the development and implementation of capital projects adapting local transportation infrastructure to climate change.
- The PROTECT Program provides California with approximately $252.5 million dollars over five years through 2026 with funds for resilience improvements that protect surface transportation assets.
- Matching Requirements: The Local Transportation Climate Adaptation Program requires a 20% non-federal match.
- Deadline for Project Nominations: July 31, 2023, Please find attached page 5 from the guidelines that include the program schedule
- Guidelines were adopted on May 18, 2023, Visit the CTC website link: https://catc.ca.gov/-/media/ctc-media/documents/programs/ltcap/adopted-2023-ltcap-guidelines-a11y.pdf
5. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Rafael Reyes and Robin Owen)
- June 9, 2023 is the deadline to submit Inactive invoices or justification.
- January 31, 2023 – Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 22/23 Requests for Authorization Obligations Due! Please submit RFA packages as soon as possible.
- May 31, 2023 Clean California Local Grant Program – Cycle 2 Call for Projects Applications Due: https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/local-grants/local-grant-program
- June 7, 2023 – Local Assistance Day Statewide Webinar (8:30 – 11:30)
- Preparation Schedule for California Transportation Commission (CTC) Allocation Requests: Friday, June 16, 2023, is the final deadline (for that August 16-17, 2023, CTC meeting).
- Projects with Lapsing Project End Dates (PED: On May 1, 2023 the list of active Project End Dates (PED) was updated.
- A complete PED list – https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/projects/projects-with-expiring-end-dates
- Reconnecting Communities: “Highways to Boulevards” Pilot Program: A call for projects and further details will be posted soon via this link – https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/rc-h2b
- July 10, 2023 – Deadline for Safe Streets & Roads for All (SS4A) Grant Program
- July 14, 2023 – California Community Response Initiative to Strengthen Emergency Systems Grant
- August 1, 2023 – FHWA Deadline for Wildlife Crossings Pilot Program (WCPP)
- August 18, 2023 –USDOT Deadline for PROTECT Discretionary Grant Program
- June 1, 2023 – Annual Deadline for Local Assistance Procedures Manual Exhibits 9-B & 9-C!
- Nationally Significant Federal Lands and Tribal Projects (NSFLTP) Program: FHWA is anticipating the next call for applications in summer 2023 – https://highways.dot.gov/federal-lands/programs/significant
6. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- Great attendance at the General Assembly, thank you for your participation!
- Toolbox Tuesday was held on May 16, 2023. The topic was GIS Modeling and analytics in regional planning.
- The public input effort for Connect SoCal 2024 continues with the goal of having a draft by the end of year with approval in May at the General Assembly.
- REAP 2.0 has $220 million available for housing and housing planning, several presentations have been made to the TAC committee
- A GIS training will be held at the end of June in Imperial County.
- GoHuman materials are available.
7. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
8. General Discussion / New Business
No new business was discussed.
Next TAC meeting will be June 22, 2023, via Zoom for the public and in person at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 11:19 a.m.