Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
March 23, 2023
Phillip Ramirez City of Brawley
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Abraham Campos City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Ramiro Barajas City of Westmorland
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
Manuel Ortiz Imperial Irrigation District
David Aguirre ICTC
Virginia Mendoza ICTC
Michelle Bastidas ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
Juan Manuel Cabrera City of Brawley
Ana Gutierrez City of Brawley
Sandy Fonseca City of Calexico
Andres Miramontes City of El Centro
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Andrea Montano City of El Centro
Catherine Gutierrez City of El Centro
Marco Coronel City of Imperial
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Sergio Perez County of Imperial
Carmen Zamora County of Imperial
Nick Ventrilla Caltrans
Maria Ibarra Caltrans
Robin Owen Caltrans
Kevin Hovey Caltrans
Anna Strahan Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
Tim Jones Oversight Committee LTA
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for February 23, 2023 (Falomir/Anguis) Motion Carried.
3. Local Transportation Authority (LTA) Overview
(Presented by: ICTC Staff)
- Mr. Aguirre provided a brief presentation on the Local Transportation Authority (LTA)
- If you would like to be on the distribution list for the quarterly LTA revenues, please email Michelle Bastidas at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can add you to the list.
- For more information, please contact ICTC at 760-592-4494
4. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· CRRSAA Funds Update:
- The following documents should be in submitted:
- Attachments B CRRSAA Allocation Form
- CRRSAA Finance Letter
- CRRSAA ePPR
· Local Partnership Program (LPP) Update:
- Because local agencies chose to combine their cycle 3 and cycle 4 funding, agencies must allocate their funds by June 30, 2023.
- If the agency is not planning to allocate, an allocation extension should be submitted to Caltrans Local Assistance no later than the June 30th meeting.
· Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Update:
- LRTP Website: Imperial Valley Regional Plan 2040 (ictc-lrtp2023.org)
· Federal & State Project Listing for FFY 2022-23:
- Each jurisdiction gave its update.
5. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Robin Owen)
- February 3, 2023 was the deadline to submit Inactive invoices or justification.
- January 31, 2023 – Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 22/23 Requests for Authorization Obligations Due! Please submit RFA packages as soon as possible.
- March 7, 2023 – Reconnecting Communities: Highways to Boulevards Pilot Program Workshop: https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/rc-h2b
- April 28, 2023Clean California Local Grant Program – Cycle 2 Call for Projects Applications Due: https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/local-grants/local-grant-program
- The next CTC meeting is on March 22, 2023. The following will be on May 17, 2023. To submit for the May 17th CTC Meeting the deadline will be March 17, 2023.
- Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) Grant – Feb. 28, 2023: Deadline is February 28, 2023
- Local Assistance Day save the date: March 8, 2023, https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1611
- June 1, 2023 – Annual Deadline for Local Assistance Procedures Manual Exhibits 9-B & 9-C!
- Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP) – New Learning Opportunities! (“live” & virtual)
- Federal Aid Series and the Resident Engineers Academy, both of which fill quickly. “Live” on-site classroom delivery will be returning soon. Please enroll early!
- Schedule is available here – https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1609 Recordings of several trainings are online.
6. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- The Regional Council has approved the Programs to Accelerate Transformative Housing (PATH) Guidelines and authorized its Call for Applications. There has been set aside $88.835 million of SCAG’s REAP 2.0 funding to support the program.
- SCAG’s scholarship program is currently open. SCAG has worked closely with the County Office of Education and has distributed this information to all high school counselors. This opportunity is for $4,000 for any graduating high school student or current community college student. The scholarship is focused on public policy and urban planning majors.
- For more information, please contact David Salgado at email@example.com
7. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
8. General Discussion / New Business
No new business was discussed.
Next TAC meeting will be April 27, 2023, via Zoom for the public and in person at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 11:04 p.m.