Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
November 17, 2022
Guillermo Sillas City of Brawley
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Abraham Campos City of El Centro
Alex Chavez City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Ramiro Barajas City of Westmorland
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
Manuel Ortiz Imperial Irrigation District
Virginia Mendoza ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Phillip Ramirez City of Brawley
Andrea Montano City of Brawley
Juan Manuel Cabrera City of Brawley
Angel Hernandez City of El Centro
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Anna Strahan Caltrans
Ben Guerrero Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. Adopted resolution authorizing remote teleconference meeting in accordance with Assembly Bill 361. ICTC requested a motion to adopt. (Atondo/Galvan). Motion Carried.
3. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for November 17, 2022 (Galvan/Atondo) Motion Carried.
4. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Ben Guerrero)
- November 9, 2022 was the deadline to submit “Inactive” invoices or a justification.
- Funding Requests for Authorization (RFA) during this next federal fiscal year are due by January 31, 2023.
- Note the Obligation Authority (OA) funds for redistribution are dwindling faster than in prior years. Also, make sure that funds are programmed appropriately. Prepare to send RFA packages as soon as possible.
- The Clean California Local Grant Program is offering a second funding cycle! The program will continue providing communities with funding to beautify and improve public spaces that include streets and roads, tribal lands, parks, pathways, and transit centers.
- For more information, please click https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/local-grants/local-grant-program
- Friday, November 25, 2022, is the final deadline (for that January 25-26, 2023, CTC meeting).
- Please transmit all invoices on LAPM Exhibit 5-A (use the August 2020 version).
5. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- Regional Early Action Program (REAP) 2.0 Program Update: There is funding available under this program that was presented to the TAC group last month.
- On Thursday, Dec. 1, SCAG will host the 13th annual Southern California Economic Summit at the Sheraton Grand in downtown Los Angeles. The theme of this year’s summit is “Resourcing the Region.” Southern California is uniquely rich in both natural and economic resources.
- Securing Federal Funding from the IIJA and IRA Toolbox Tuesday Money Monday Session: November 21, 2022 - 1:00PM - 2:30PM
- Register online here: https://form.jotform.com/SCAGweb/toolbox-tuesday
- The state did approve the 2023 Active Transportation Program grant applications. Unfortunately, the Imperial County region was not awarded any funding under this program.
- If you have any questions, please contact David Salgado at email@example.com
6. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
7. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
· The Free Fares Program grant was approved for $492K which will cover about 9 months of free fares for transit riders. This month, a program is offered for free transportation for veterans from November 12th to the 18th. The annual “Stuff-A-Bus” campaign is between November 1st to the 18th. This campaign lets people ride the bus for free if they donate a canned good. Essentially, all the canned goods that are generated, are donated to the food bank prior to Thanksgiving holiday. These two programs are put out for the public before the Free Fares Programs takes place. The Free Fares program will likely start around January 2023.
· The Commission did appoint David Aguirre as the permanent Executive Director for ICTC.
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· Long Range Transportation Plan Outreach:
- There was massive public outreach in different cities for the Long Range Transportation Plan. Starting at the Heber Fall Festival on October 29th at 4 p.m. Then, at Holtville’s Farmer Market and Street Fair on November 5th at 11 a.m. Finally, at Brawley’s Cattle Call Chili Cookoff on November 5th at 5 p.m. ICTC inquired about the public priorities and any other priorities they would like to see. There are currently ongoing meetings with each of the cities, as well as with the IID and Caltrans. ICTC also had the opportunity to meet with SDSU and IVC to receive feedback.
· Local Partnership Formulaic Program (LPP) Cycle 3 and Cycle 4:
· CMAQ & STBG FFY 2022/23:
- A project list was provided to the TAC group.
· 2022 Mini Call for Projects STBG-CMAQ Update:
- Management and Commission approved the 2022 Mini Call for Projects. Next Step: ICTC will program projects in the next available FTIP Amendment
8. General Discussion / New Business
Team Building-Caltrans Meeting with Bryan Ott, District Local Assistance Engineer (DLAE) Division of Planning & Local Assistance
Next TAC meeting will be December 15, 2022 via Zoom and tentatively at the El Centro Library.
Meeting adjourned at 11:40 a.m.