Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
February 23, 2023
Guillermo Sillas City of Brawley
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Abraham Campos City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Ramiro Barajas City of Westmorland
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
David Aguirre ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
Andrea Montaño City of Brawley
Angel Hernandez City of El Centro
Andres Miramontes City of El Centro
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Marco Coronel City of Imperial
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Monica Soucier County of Imperial
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Nick Ventrilla Caltrans
Rafael Reyes Caltrans
Robin Owen Caltrans
Kevin Hovey Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
Jessica Reyes Juarez SCAG
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:07 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. Adopted resolution authorizing remote teleconference meeting in accordance with Assembly Bill 361. ICTC requested a motion to adopt. (Galvan/Anguis). Motion Carried.
3. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for January 23, 2023 (Atondo/Anguis) Motion Carried.
4. REAP 2.0 PATH Program (Programs to Accelerate Transformative Housing),
(Presented by: Jessica Reyes Juarez, SCAG)
- Ms. Reyes Juarez provided a brief presentation on the REAP 2.0 PATH Program Draft Application.
- For more information, please visit https://scag.ca.gov/reap2021
- Jacob Noonan, Housing Program Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Reyes Juarez, Associate Regional Planner: email@example.com
- Hannah Brunelle: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· CRRSAA Funds Update:
- The following documents should be in submitted:
- Attachments B CRRSAA Allocation Form
- CRRSAA Finance Letter
- CRRSAA ePPR
· Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) Update:
- Visit the team at four upcoming events for giveaways and to share feedback:
- March 11: El Centro Air Show
- March 15: Children’s and Family Health Fair in Niland
- March 30: Cesar Chavez Celebration Festival in Calexico
- April 1: Annual Children’s Fair in El Centro
- Join us: Ictc-lrtp2023.org
· Federal & State Project Listing for FFY 2022-23:
- Each jurisdiction gave their update.
6. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Robin Owen)
- February 3, 2023 was the deadline to submit Inactive invoices or justification.
- January 31, 2023 – Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 22/23 Requests for Authorization Obligations Due! Please submit RFA packages as soon as possible.
- March 7, 2023 – Reconnecting Communities: Highways to Boulevards Pilot Program Workshop: https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/rc-h2b
- April 28, 2023Clean California Local Grant Program – Cycle 2 Call for Projects Applications Due: https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/local-grants/local-grant-program
- The next CTC meeting is on March 22, 2023. The following will be on May 17, 2023. To submit for the May 17th CTC Meeting the deadline will be March 17, 2023.
- Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) Grant – Feb. 28, 2023: Deadline is February 28, 2023
- Local Assistance Day save the date: March 8, 2023, https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1611
- June 1, 2023 – Annual Deadline for Local Assistance Procedures Manual Exhibits 9-B & 9-C!
- Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP) – New Learning Opportunities! (“live” & virtual)
- Federal Aid Series and the Resident Engineers Academy, both of which fill quickly. “Live” on-site classroom delivery will be returning soon. Please enroll early!
- Schedule is available here – https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1609 Recordings of several trainings are online.
7. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- SCAG’s scholarship program is currently open. SCAG has worked closely with the County office of Education and has distributed this information to all high school counselors. This opportunity is for $4,000 for any graduating high school student or current community college student. The scholarship is focused on public policy and urban planning majors.
- For more information, please contact David Salgado at email@example.com
8. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
9. General Discussion / New Business
· Next meeting there will be an overview of the LTA. It is encouraged that everyone attends this meeting in person and other city/county staff that work with LTA.
Next TAC meeting will be March 23, 2023, via Zoom for the public and in person at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 11:54 p.m.