Minutes | Regular Meeting
SOCIAL SERVICES TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COUNCIL
MINUTES February 1, 2023
Present Voting Attendees:
Kathleen Lang California Health & Wellness
Priscilla Lopez Workforce & Economic Development
Mitzi Perez ARC-IV
Karina Leon Access to Independence
Sarah Enz Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
Gustavo Gomez CTSA–ICTC
Helio Sanchez IVT
Cesar Sanchez IVT
Jose Guillen IVT MedTrans
Karla Pacheco IVT Access
Karla Aguilar IVT Ride
Liz Santucci Caltrans
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
Karrah Cardone IC Public Health
Joshua Lopez IVC
1. Dr. Lang called the meeting to order at 10:11 a.m. A quorum was present. Introductions were made.
- Hybrid meeting.
2. SSTAC Remote Resolution.
- SSTAC members reviewed the resolution and motioned to approve it as is. (Perez, Lopez), Motion Carried.
- Required signatures will be collected after the meeting.
3. Minutes were adopted for January 4, 2023. (Enz, Perez), Motion Carried.
4. CTSA Reports:
Mr. Gomez had the following updates:
- Staff attended events during January; Senior Health Fair at Holtville and Imperial Gardens Senior Apartments and at City of Calexico distributing Calexico On-Demand brochures
- On February 16th, ICTC Staff will be presenting an IVT presentation at Villa De La Flores Senior Apartments in Calexico.
- The UTN survey is now live until March 3rd. So far, there have been about 30-40 comments on the survey.
- Calexico On-Demand is going along very well. There are about 180 passengers per day.
- The bus shelter on Cole Rd. is now in place at the City of Calexico.
5. FY 2023-24 Master Needs List, UTN Letter to the hearing Panel Review (DRAFT)
- Mr. Gomez discussed the current Master Needs list and mentioned that the requested changes have been made to the list. He stated that changes can still be done to the list if requested.
- Dr. Kathleen Lang asked if there can be a revision made on the second general comments on the letter. The IVT Garnet Line in Calexico should be revised to the new Microtransit service: Calexico On-Demand.
- SSTAC members recommended to revise #2 on the priority list. The revision will be to add bus stop improvement to the new public library in El Centro.
- SSTAC members recommended to revise #3 on the priority list. The revision will be to explore and analyze senior transportation needs in the north end.
- A motion was made for staff to revise the FY 2023-24 Master Needs List, UTN Letter and will finalize at the next meeting. (Lopez, Perez), Motion Carried.
6. Transit Operator FY 2022-23 Reports:
Imperial Valley Transit
- There is a slight increase in ridership as time goes by.
- On page 13 of the agenda the 2nd Quarterly Review is attached for reference.
- Ms. Pacheco mentioned that service is running as usual.
- On page 14 of the agenda the 2nd Quarterly Review is attached for reference.
- Ms. Aguilar sated that the service is running as usual and mentioned some of the events that IVT Ride participated in the last month.
- The service is still proving free fares, sponsored by Area Agency on Aging.
- On page 15 of the agenda the 2nd Quarterly Review is attached for reference.
- Mr. Guillen mentioned that service hours are the same and both buses are available. It is in response to demand.
- On page 16 of the agenda the 2nd Quarterly Review is attached for reference.
7. General Discussion
- There was no general discussion.
- The meeting adjourned at 10:55 a.m.
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at the Imperial County Transportation Commission Office, 1503 N. Imperial Ave., Suite 104, El Centro, CA 92243.