Minutes | Regular Meeting
SOCIAL SERVICES TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COUNCIL
MINUTES April 05, 2023
Present Voting Attendees:
Ted Ceasar Consumer
Mike Hack Consumer
Kathleen Lang California Health & Wellness
Priscilla Lopez Workforce & Economic Development
Karina Leon Access to Independence
Cristina Leal ARC- Imperial Valley
Gustavo Gomez CTSA–ICTC
Helio Sanchez IVT
Cesar Sanchez IVT
Jose Guillen IVT MedTrans
Karla Pacheco IVT Access
Karla Aguilar IVT Ride
Liz Santucci Caltrans
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
1. Dr. Lang called the meeting to order at 10:01 a.m. A quorum was present.
2. Introductions were made.
- Hybrid meeting.
3. Minutes were adopted for March 01, 2023. (Hack, Ceasar), Motion Carried.
4. CTSA Reports:
Mr. Gomez had the following updates:
- Continuing to assist in sign-ups for IVT Ride and Access via phone.
- Unmet Transit Needs (UTN) Public hearing on April 06, 2023
- Staff attended an event during February, Senior Health Fair at Holtville, and Imperial Gardens
- On February 16th, ICTC Staff presented an IVT presentation at Villa De La Flores Senior Apartments in Calexico.
- On March 15th, ICTC staff will attend the Niland Children’s Fair, and on March 17, IVC Transitions Fair
5. Transit Operator FY 2022-23 Reports:
Imperial Valley Transit
- There is a slight increase in ridership as time goes by.
- Ms. Pacheco mentioned that the service is running as usual.
- Community event at the Senior Apartments in Imperial and in Holtville, April 06, 2023
- Ms. Aguilar stated that the service is running as usual and mentioned some of the events that IVT Ride participated in the last month.
- Mr. Guillen mentioned that service hours are the same and both buses are available. It is in response to demand.
6. General Discussion
- Mr. Gomez stated Calexico on demand is now charging. The wait time has increased due to high demand. Additionally, he said they are considering bringing in more vehicles.
- The meeting adjourned at 10:19 a.m.
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 03, 2023, at the Imperial County Transportation Commission Office, 1503 N. Imperial Ave., Suite 104, El Centro, CA 92243.