Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
August 24, 2023
Phillip Ramirez City of Brawley
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Andrea Montano City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
Ramiro Barajas City of Westmorland-zoom
Virginia Mendoza ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Gustavo Gomez ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Andres Miramontes City of El Centro
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Liliana Silveira Caltrans
Byran Ott Caltrans
Nick Ventrilla Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:02 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for June 22, 2023 (Falomir/Montano) Motion Carried.
3. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
· Bus Stop Improvement Project:
- Staff are working on developing a bus stop improvement project across multiple cities throughout the county. The project consists of installing various bus shelters and potentially other amenities.
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· FY 22/23 & FY 23/24 Federal/ State Funded Project Obligation List:
- The group was provided with a copy of each project list and the flow chart of the project implementation process.
· Long Range Transportation Plan Draft Review:
- A draft report is open until September 5th for review, if any.
- For more information, please contact Cristi Lerma at email@example.com
- Project Website: https://ictc-lrtp2023.org
4. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Bryan Ott)
- SR-98 Widening Project: Stage 3 is underway due to the recent storm delaying the work.
- I-8 Colorado River Bridge Rehab: Major work is complete, and the site cleanup is pending.
- I-8, SR-78 Bridge Rehab at Various Locations: Location 1 is expected to start August 27th, and location 4 is expected to start in early September.
- September 20, 2023 – Reconnecting Communities: Highways to Boulevards Pilot Program Deadline. The final workshop will be on August 24th.
- Introduction to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) and Federal Requirements - Guidance for Local & Tribal Agencies webinar is scheduled for September 6th at 2 pm EST.
- September 28, 2023 – USDOT Deadline for Rural and Tribal Assistance Program
- November 6, 2023 – Deadline for Nationally Significant Federal Lands and Tribal Projects Program
- Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP) – New Learning Opportunities! (“live” & virtual): Schedule is available here – https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1609 Recordings of several trainings are online.
5. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- Please be advised the Imperial County SCAG Regional Office will virtually host the 34th Annual SCAG Demographic Workshop beginning at 9:00 am. This year's workshop is themed “The Seismic Generational Shift” and will highlight some of the dramatic economic shifts and accelerations in technology as our generational differences diverge. Please feel free to attend the workshop from the office in El Centro.
- Program website: https://scag.ca.gov/34th-annual-demographic-workshop Please contact SCAG GAO David Salgado with any questions and to RSVP.
6. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
7. General Discussion / New Business
No new business was discussed.
Next TAC meeting will be on September 28, 2023, via Zoom for the public and in person at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 11:16 a.m.