Minutes | Regular Meeting
SOCIAL SERVICES TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COUNCIL
MINUTES March 1, 2023
Present Voting Attendees:
Ted Ceasar Consumer
Kathleen Lang California Health & Wellness
Priscilla Lopez Workforce & Economic Development
Mitzi Perez ARC-IV
Karina Leon Access to Independence
Sarah Enz Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
David Aguirre CTSA-ICTC
Gustavo Gomez CTSA–ICTC
Helio Sanchez IVT
Cesar Sanchez IVT
Jose Guillen IVT MedTrans
Karla Pacheco IVT Access
Karla Aguilar IVT Ride
Liz Santucci Caltrans
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
1. Dr. Lang called the meeting to order at 10:02 a.m. A quorum was not present. Introductions were made.
- Hybrid meeting.
2. Due to no quorum present, approval of minutes on February 01, 2023, was tabled for the next meeting.
3. CTSA Reports:
Mr. Gomez had the following updates:
- Staff attended an event during February; Senior Health Fair at Holtville and Imperial Gardens
- On February 16th, ICTC Staff presented an IVT presentation at Villa De La Flores Senior Apartments in Calexico.
- On March 15th, ICTC staff will attend the Niland Children’s Fair, and on March 17, IVC Transitions Fair
- The UTN survey ended on March 3rd. There have been over 100 comments on the survey, in person and online.
- Signups for IVT Access and IVT Ride are continuing; there have been over 20 this month.
Mr. Aguirre had the following updates:
- The UTN Hearing will be held on April 6, public comments can be accepted via email or in person.
- On March 3rd, ICTC staff will be providing transportation for seniors to the County Fair.
- MicroTransit Service Program in Calexico is doing well.
- Future plans for bus stop in El Centro by Library
- Free Fairs Grant application in process to extend program.
4. Transit Operator FY 2022-23 Reports:
Imperial Valley Transit
- There is a slight increase in ridership as time goes by.
- Ms. Pacheco mentioned that the service is running as usual.
- Ms. Aguilar stated that the service is running as usual and mentioned some of the events that IVT Ride participated in the last month.
- The service is still proving free fares, sponsored by Area Agency on Aging.
- Mr. Guillen mentioned that service hours are the same and both buses are available. It is in response to demand.
- Mr. Aguirre stated that preliminary discussions with SDSU regarding possible student transfers have occurred.
5. General Discussion
- There was no general discussion.
- The meeting adjourned at 10:32 a.m.
- The next meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 5, 2023, at the Imperial County Transportation Commission Office, 1503 N. Imperial Ave., Suite 104, El Centro, CA 92243.