Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
September 28, 2023
Phillip Ramirez City of Brawley
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Andrea Montano City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
Ramiro Barajas City of Westmorland
David Aguirre ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Gustavo Gomez ICTC
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Juan Manuel Cabrera City of Brawley
Edgar Self City of Calipatria
Abraham Campos City of El Centro
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Liz Zarate City of El Centro
Andres Miramontes City of El Centro
Angel Hernandez City of El Centro
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Ismael Gomez IID
Manuel Ortiz IID
Alejandro Lopez Rangel Caltrans
Farshid Fani Caltrans
Byran Ott Caltrans
Nick Ventrilla Caltrans
Kevin Hovey Caltrans
Maria Ibarra Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
Jessica Reyes Juarez SCAG
Elizabeth Carvajal SCAG
Alisha James SCAG
Luis Wong ICOE
Alan Molina The Holt Group
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:03 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for August 24, 2023 (Anguis/Montano) Motion Carried.
3. Regional Utilities Supporting Housing (RUSH) Pilot Program Call for Applications
(Presented by Elizabeth Carvajal, Deputy Director, Planning &
Jessica Reyes Juarez, Associate Regional Planner, SCAG)
· A brief presentation was given on the RUSH pilot program and provided information on the RUSH Capital & Planning Program Applications
· Programs to Accelerate Transformative Housing (PATH) Program Guidelines were provided.
Regional Utilities Supporting Housing (RUSH) Workshop on OCTOBER 4th , 10:00 am
4. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· FY 22/23 & FY 23/24 Federal/ State Funded Project Obligation List:
- The group provided an update on each project.
· Long-Range Transportation Plan Draft Review:
· The completed draft LRTP public review and comments period ended on September 6, 2023.
· It is anticipated that the document adoption will be in the October/November timeframe.
· To access the completed documents and draft project listing, please visit the project website located at https://ictc-lrtp2023.org/new-page-2.
5. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Alejandro Lopez & Ben Guerrero)
- Ben Guerrero, Benjamin.Guerrero@dot.ca.gov, is the Point of Contact and area Engineer for Imperial County, Calipatria, ICTC, & Westmorland.
- Alejandro Lopez Rangel, Alejandro.Lopez-Rangel@dot.ca.gov, is the Point of Contact and area Engineer for Brawley, Calexico, El Centro, Imperial, & Holtville.
- The Inactive project list was updated August 29, 2023. Action is required by the City of Calexico and the County of Imperial.
- The new invoice Form 5A form was updated as of September 2023. Please use the file from this link
- Friday, October 6, 2023, is the final deadline (for that December 6-7, 2023, CTC meeting).
- Projects with Lapsing Project End Dates (PED) Project phases must be complete or approved for time extensions during the specified and agreed-upon timeframe to avoid de-obligation of funds.
- On September 1, 2023 the list of active Project End Dates (PED) was updated.
- 2025 Active Transportation Program (Cycle 7): https://catc.ca.gov/programs/active-transportation-program
- September 28, 2023 – USDOT Deadline for Rural and Tribal Assistance Program
- November 6, 2023 – Deadline for Nationally Significant Federal Lands and Tribal Projects Program
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal and Methodology Updates (Office Bulletin #23-01)
- Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP) – New Learning Opportunities! (“live” & virtual)
6. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- The CMAQ/RSTP corrective action item was approved as part of the June 2023 Transportation Community.
- Upcoming new call for projects combining CMAQ/STBG and the Carbon Reduction Program (CRP) in 2024. ICTC is currently working with SCAG on guidelines and upcoming schedule for the Call for Nominations.
- There is a conceptual schedule that is being outlined by SCAG, as soon as the guidelines and schedule are out, ICTC will provide more information.
- Local Agencies if you have any projects in mind, let's start working together to get this project ready for the Call for nominations.
7. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave its update.
8. General Discussion / New Business
No new business was discussed.
Next TAC meeting will be on October 26, 2023, via Zoom for the public and in person at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 11:47 a.m.