Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
January 26, 2023
Guillermo Sillas City of Brawley
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Jeorge Galvan City of Calipatria
Abraham Campos City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
David Aguirre ICTC
Virginia Mendoza ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Angela Delgadillo ICTC
Esperanza Avila ICTC
Andrea Montaño City of Brawley
Juan Manuel Cabrera City of Brawley
Angel Hernandez City of El Centro
Andres Miramontes City of El Centro
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Marco Coronel City of Imperial
Yvonne Cordero City of Imperial
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Anna Strahan Caltrans
Nick Ventrilla Caltrans
Rafael Reyes Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:08 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. Adopted resolution authorizing remote teleconference meeting in accordance with Assembly Bill 361. ICTC requested a motion to adopt. (Atondo/Galvan). Motion Carried.
3. Rotation of Chair and Vice-Chair Positions:
- A motion was made by Coronel seconded by Atondo to nominate Mr. Jeorge Galvan from the City of Calipatria as the Chairperson.
- A second motion was made by Anguis and seconded by Falomir to nominate Mr. Abraham Campos from the City of El Centro as the Vice-Chairperson of the ICTC Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) for 2023.
4. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for December 15, 2022 (Atondo/Campos) Motion Carried.
5. 2023 FTIP Project Listing – Local Agency Review & Amendment Schedule
(Presented by: ICTC Staff)
- The FTIP Project Listing provides a list of all projects that have been programmed in the FTIP all the way to FFY 2025-26.
- If any changes are necessary for the project listing, please let ICTC staff know. Deadline: February 23, 2023.
- ICTC staff provided the TAC group the 2023 FTIP Amendment/Administrative Modification Schedule.
6. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Ben Guerrero & Rafael Reyes)
- The County of Imperial is currently in the Inactive list.
- January 31, 2023 – Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 22/23 Requests for Authorization Obligations Due! Please submit RFA packages as soon as possible.
- Clean California Local Grant Program – Cycle 2 Call for Projects Anticipated in February 2023: https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/local-grants/local-grant-program
- Reconnecting Communities: Highways to Boulevards grant: https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/rc-h2b
- The next CTC meeting is on March 22, 2023. The following will be on May 17, 2023. To submit for the May 17th CTC Meeting the deadline will be March 17, 2023.
- Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) Grant – Feb. 28, 2023: Deadline is February 28, 2023
- Local Assistance Day save the date: March 8, 2023, https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1611
- Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP) new training: https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1609
- Mr. Guerrero provided some updates regarding the FFY 22/23 Federal Funded Project Obligation List.
- SR-98 Widening Project: Stage 2 construction has started this month. Everything is running as schedule. It should be completed by Mid-April.
- I-8 Colorado River Bridge Rehab: This project should start by February. There should be no major bridge impacts until late February.
- I-8, SR-78 Bridge Rehab at Various Locations: The project scope includes 4 bridge locations on I-8 at Brock Research Center Rd, All American Canal (left/right) Bridges and at Winterhaven Dr/4th Ave. The 2 locations on SR-78 are at Palo Verde Drain and Palo Verde Outfall bridges near Palo Verde. The project has been awarded with construction estimated to start in March 2023. Total estimated cost is $13.2 million.
7. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- SCAG has been working on providing GIS trainings for the Imperial County. There has been coordination with workforce development to secure their space. There is now a stand-alone GIS department that manages all those contracts.
- For more information, please contact David Salgado at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
9. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
· Calexico On Demand: This is an on-demand service in the City of Calexico that just started on Monday, January 9, 2023. It is limited and available to the public in the City of Calexico. It is available via app, or you can also call in using this number: 760-350-3414. The service has had over 100 riders that have utilized the service so far. The service is free until February 9, 2023.
· For more information: https://city.ridewithvia.com/calexico-ondemand
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· CRRSAA Funds Update:
- Submit CRRSAA funds allocation by March 20, 2023.
· Local Partnership Program (LPP) Funds Update:
- All agencies opted to combining cycle 3 and cycle 4 funding. Therefore, cycle 3 funding is applicable to the allocation action. If there is an allocation request, the local agency needs to submit it.
· ATP Regional Funding Projects:
- The commission did take action on January 25th on the ATP approval.
10. General Discussion / New Business
No general discussion was discussed.
Next TAC meeting will be March 23, 2023, via Zoom and at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 12:06 p.m.