Minutes | Regular Meeting
TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE
April 27, 2023
Phillip Ramirez City of Brawley
Lily Falomir City of Calexico
Francisco Barba City of Calipatria
Felix De Leon City of El Centro
Adriana Anguis City of Holtville
Jesus Villegas City of Imperial
Veronica Atondo County of Imperial
Ismael Gomez Imperial Irrigation District
Virginia Mendoza ICTC
Cristi Lerma ICTC
Marlene Flores ICTC
Juan Manuel Cabrera City of Brawley
Ismael Garcia County of Imperial
Adolfo Garcia County of Imperial
Nick Ventrilla Caltrans
Maria Ibarra Caltrans
Michaela Howard Caltrans
Robin Owen Caltrans
Byran Ott Caltrans
Kevin Hovey Caltrans
Rafael Reyes Caltrans
David Salgado SCAG
Jacob Noonan SCAG
Alisha James SCAG
Manuel Ortiz Imperial Irrigation District
Garrett Fortin SafeTREC
1. The meeting was called to order at 10:06 a.m. A quorum was present, and introductions were made. There were no public comments made.
2. A motion was made to adopt the minutes for March 23, 2023 (Atondo/Anguis) Motion Carried.
3. Technical Assistance Opportunities for Pedestrian and Bike Safety
(Presented by: Garrett Fortin, SafeTREC)
- A brief presentation was given by Garrett Fortin from SafeTREC on Technical Assitance opportunities for Pedestrian and Bike Safety.
- For more infomation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Caltrans District 11’s Small Business Program
(Presented by: Maria Ibarra, Caltrans)
- A brief presentation was given by Maria Ibarra and Michelle Gongora from Caltrans District 11 on Doing Business with Caltrans District 11 (serving San Diego and Imperial County).
- For more information, please contact D11.SmallBuisness@dot.ca.gov
5. REAP 2.0 Program Update
(Presented by: Alisha James, SCAG)
- A brief presentation was given by Alisha James from SCAG on REAP 2.0 Call for Applications.
- RUSH Industry Forum: https://scag.ca.gov/post/regional-utilities-supporting-housing-rush-industry-forum
6. ICTC Updates / Announcements (Presented by ICTC Staff)
a. Transit Planning Updates
- Drivers, utility workers, and maintenance staff are currently on strike associated with the operator First Transit. The Union, which covers the drivers, utility workers, and maintenance staff, was elected to go on strike on April 25th. Since then, IV Transit has been operating daily while obtaining other drivers from other locations. Due to the strike, the Saturday schedule is being operated. All services are still available but limited. ICTC Staff have been to all the communities, having conversations with the public trying to use the transit service. All information was posted on social media and on the website. While the strike is going on, ICTC is not charging any fares on all services given the inconvenience.
b. Transportation Planning Updates
· Local Partnership Program (LPP) Update:
- Because local agencies chose to combine their cycle 3 and cycle 4 funding, agencies must allocate their funds by June 30, 2023.
- If the agency is not planning to allocate, an allocation extension should be submitted to Caltrans Local Assistance no later than the June 30th meeting.
· Federal & State Project Listing for FFY 2022-23:
- Each jurisdiction gave its update.
7. Caltrans Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: Rafael Reyes and Robin Owen)
- SR-98 Widening Project: Stage 2 construction is currently underway. About 40% has been completed. The target completion date will be mid May 2023.
- I-8 Colorado River Bridge Rehab: Construction started in February 2023 and estimated completion is early 2024. The total project cost is estimated at $11.1 million.
- Clean California Projects: The bus shelter projects in Niland, Calipatria, and Holtville are currently underway. There have been some delays, however, are still in process.
- June 9, 2023 was the deadline to submit Inactive invoices or justification.
- January 31, 2023 – Federal Fiscal Year (FFY) 22/23 Requests for Authorization Obligations Due! Please submit RFA packages as soon as possible.
- April 28, 2023Clean California Local Grant Program – Cycle 2 Call for Projects Applications Due: https://cleancalifornia.dot.ca.gov/local-grants/local-grant-program
- May 9, 2023 – Reconnecting Communities: “Highways to Boulevards” Pilot Program Workshop # 4 https://dot.ca.gov/programs/local-assistance/fed-and-state-programs/rc-h2b Page 1
- The next CTC meeting is on March 22, 2023. The following will be on May 17, 2023. To submit for the May 17th CTC Meeting the deadline will be March 17, 2023.
- Rebuilding American Infrastructure with Sustainability and Equity (RAISE) Grant – Feb. 28, 2023: Deadline is February 28, 2023
- April 28, 2023 (Friday) – Local Assistance Program Funding Opportunities Statewide Webinar
- July 10, 2023 – Deadline for Safe Streets & Roads for All (SS4A) Grant Program
- June 1, 2023 – Annual Deadline for Local Assistance Procedures Manual Exhibits 9-B & 9-C!
- Cooperative Training Assistance Program (CTAP) – New Learning Opportunities! (“live” & virtual)
- FHWA Wildlife Crossings Grant Program due on August 1, 2023
- Federal Aid Series and the Resident Engineers Academy, both of which fill quickly. “Live” on-site classroom delivery will be returning soon. Please enroll early!
- Schedule is available here – https://ca-ctap.org/?pid=1609 Recordings of several trainings are online.
8. SCAG Updates / Announcements:
(Presented by: David Salgado)
- No updates were given.
9. Cities and County Planning / Public Works Updates:
· Each jurisdiction gave their update.
10. General Discussion / New Business
No new business was discussed.
Next TAC meeting will be May 25, 2023, via Zoom for the public and in person at the ICTC offices.
Meeting adjourned at 11:58 a.m.