About LTA

The Local Transportation Authority is a coalition of representatives of local cities and the County of Imperial. The Authority was formed as a result of the passage of Measure D, our local transportation measure. Adoption of this Measure places Imperial County as a whole further ahead for allocation of state dollars for transportation improvements.

Adopted in 1989, Measure D provides for a half-cent transportation sales tax. 95% of the funds collected go directly to the cities and County to pay for critical road repair projects, and the remaining 5% is targeted for regional projects. These funds make the majority of road repairs possible for local cities and the County. Since its inception in 1989 through 2006, Measure D has provided for over $105 million dollars for transportation improvements.

Click here for information.

 

Member Agencies / Partners